Back From Brighton
Last Sunday, myself along with HRB’s Paul le Feuvre and Hospital Radio Reading’s Gerard Rocks travelled down to Brighton to meet up with members of othe hospital radio stations from around the south. I had my other hat on as the Southern Regional Rep of the Hospital Broadcasting Association, but ut’s always good to see other stations and see how they do things.
Coastway Hospital Radio is based in Abbey Road in Brighton in a building that is separate to the hospital. In fact the whole hospital complex seems to be hidden away in the backstreets of Brighton with virtually no signs to it.
Coastway HR itself has two fairly small studios and an office area. They do what all hospital radio stations do, play requests for patients, and try and produce a range of shows for their audience.
It was an interesting afternoon and the weather was pretty good as well.
Back to business this weekend though with the second weekend of the new football season bringing us two Premier League matches. We’ll have news of both plus a round up of all the other sport from the weekend including the cricket and the Youth Olympics in Singapore. All the regular features are there as well.
Live from 1.30pm this Sunday.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- The BIG Broadcast 2017 – a BIG Success May 2, 2017
- Live on The BIG Broadcast 2017 this weekend April 29, 2017
- It Started with Swap Shop Wins at National Hospital Radio Awards 2017 March 26, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Nominated for Two Awards – TONIGHT March 25, 2017
- Getting Ready for The Big Broadcast March 13, 2017