Show 1029 – 14 August 2016
Every year at the start of a new season, we make some minor, or sometimes major changes to the shww's running order. Sometimes these changes end up being reversed, but this year, they all seemed to work as planned. Sundays have got much busier in the last 12 months though, with generally more requests in particular. In the whole of last Sunday, we played around 70 requests on HRB which is great, and when you add in the Sainsbury's draw which gets us back on the wards DURING the show, it shows that our listeners are still very much at the heart of what we do on the show and on HRB.
Rarely does a Sunday go by without having to drop something and last weekend it was the start of our Memory Makers series remembering Saturday nmorning TV. It's 40 years since Swap Shop started and we will be marking that anniverary with a special show that will be heard on 2 October. Do tell us your Saturday morning TV memories.
We'll also reflect on the sport this weekend with the return of the Premier League and of course the Rio Olympics.
- The BIG Broadcast 2017 – a BIG Success May 2, 2017
- Live on The BIG Broadcast 2017 this weekend April 29, 2017
- It Started with Swap Shop Wins at National Hospital Radio Awards 2017 March 26, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Nominated for Two Awards – TONIGHT March 25, 2017
- Getting Ready for The Big Broadcast March 13, 2017