Show 995 – Sunday 7 February 2016
So we're into February and it's just a month to go before we celebrate the 1000th edition of the show as well a the 25th anniversary of the show.
One thing we did back in 1999 and again in 2001 was our radio adaptation of the story that was the cult cartoon series The Mysterious Cities of Gold. I came across it in the archives this week. I was quite proud of it at the time although it sounds alittle dated now. The 30 minute programme that went with it though still sounds good as it showcases the excellent musical soundtrack that went with this series. After looking at the script, I decided we should bring it up to date. There is after all a series 2 out a year or so ago with a series 3 in the making. Whether we will ever get to see it in the UK, who knows, but it's out there to see.
Having had a glimpse at series 2 though, I'm not sure it's the same with the modern computer animation. Although the 1980s series now looks dated, somehow that didn't matter because the story was so good.
Maybe it's time we got our adaptation out of the archives and played it all over again after all!
The Sound of Sunday 1.30 – 4.30pm Sunday 7 February.
- Daily Mail Backs Down over Blue Peter Headline September 18, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Challenges Daily Mail over Blue Peter Headline August 16, 2017
- Back for Series 27 June 28, 2017
- A Day of Magic in Alton June 10, 2017
- Remembering John Noakes with Blue Peter Director/Producer Alex Leger June 4, 2017