Sound of Sunday 3 January 2016
So a brand new year is upon us and we're back to normal as far as the show is concerned on Sunday at 1.30. It will be a special year for the show, 25 years on the air and 1000 shows on 6 March.
We revealed on our Christmas show that we are currently planning a live outside broadcast from Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on that day. Our aim is to take our listeners to the park via the show, to go to as many of the venues as possible live during the afternoon and show that the park is very much alive and well and the legacy of London 2012 very much goes on.
More details of the show will come soon, but it will be one of the biggest outside broadcasts we've ever done.
Talking of outside broadcasts, we've done a few of them over the last 25 years, and on last Sunday's show we were out and about again, on the Watercress Line. Paul Le Feuvre joined us to do the Sainsbury's Draw live from the Christmas Leave event and the winning number was picked as the train drew into Alton station. I hope we'll have a few more live outside broadcasts during 2016.
- Goodbye Cheggers December 11, 2017
- Mark Curry Joins us for our Big Christmas Show 2017 December 7, 2017
- Daily Mail Backs Down over Blue Peter Headline September 18, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Challenges Daily Mail over Blue Peter Headline August 16, 2017
- Back for Series 27 June 28, 2017