Sound of Sunday 3 January 2016
So a brand new year is upon us and we're back to normal as far as the show is concerned on Sunday at 1.30. It will be a special year for the show, 25 years on the air and 1000 shows on 6 March.
We revealed on our Christmas show that we are currently planning a live outside broadcast from Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on that day. Our aim is to take our listeners to the park via the show, to go to as many of the venues as possible live during the afternoon and show that the park is very much alive and well and the legacy of London 2012 very much goes on.
More details of the show will come soon, but it will be one of the biggest outside broadcasts we've ever done.
Talking of outside broadcasts, we've done a few of them over the last 25 years, and on last Sunday's show we were out and about again, on the Watercress Line. Paul Le Feuvre joined us to do the Sainsbury's Draw live from the Christmas Leave event and the winning number was picked as the train drew into Alton station. I hope we'll have a few more live outside broadcasts during 2016.
- The BIG Broadcast 2017 – a BIG Success May 2, 2017
- Live on The BIG Broadcast 2017 this weekend April 29, 2017
- It Started with Swap Shop Wins at National Hospital Radio Awards 2017 March 26, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Nominated for Two Awards – TONIGHT March 25, 2017
- Getting Ready for The Big Broadcast March 13, 2017