The Sound of Sunday 25th Birthday Shows
March is a big month for the show. As well as the 1000th show two weeks ago, we will be marking the 25th anniversary of the start of the show with a series of specials.
18 March Chris Bellinger, Editor of BBC Saturday morning TV for 30 years joined us in 2013 and Mitch Johnson, voice of Live and Kicking was on the show in 2006. Hear both those interviews again at 5pm on 18 March.
20 March In 1992, we covered the staff fun day at the hospital. There was bed racing, jousting and an inter-ward football match that was much more interesting than England V Brazil at Webley on the same day!
25 March In 1999 we adapted for radio the 1980s cartoon series Mysterious Cities of Gold complete with the original soundtrack of music. We also produced a half hour special looking behind the stories and myths that were part of the series. We have updated this programme, re-recorded it and it can be heard at 5pm on 25 March.
27 March A bit of nostalgia and more best of the guests live from 1.30.
1 April 1992 was a busy year. We covered a panto on G Floor, 2 fun days and several other events during the year. Another chance to hear the best of those events on 1 April at 5pm.
- Daily Mail Backs Down over Blue Peter Headline September 18, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Challenges Daily Mail over Blue Peter Headline August 16, 2017
- Back for Series 27 June 28, 2017
- A Day of Magic in Alton June 10, 2017
- Remembering John Noakes with Blue Peter Director/Producer Alex Leger June 4, 2017