Why was the fountain turned off?
In the week when contracts were exchanged for the sale of the best known TV centre in the world, our guest this week is former BBC video tape editor Chris Booth.
I met him recently at the Froyle Fete and he told me the real reason why they turned the fountain off as well as reminiscing over the time he spent working at BBC Television Centre amongst the likes of Sir Jimmy Saville when he worked on Jim'll Fix It.
It was a fascinating chat about a truly fascinating building – hear it this Sunday afternoon as well as the rest of our usual fun and features as we come to the end of Memory Makers – The Olympic Years by remembering 2008.
We're live this Sunday from 1.30 – 4pm. HRB Out and About at the Froyle Fete is on Friday 27 July at 5pm.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Daily Mail Backs Down over Blue Peter Headline September 18, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Challenges Daily Mail over Blue Peter Headline August 16, 2017
- Back for Series 27 June 28, 2017
- A Day of Magic in Alton June 10, 2017
- Remembering John Noakes with Blue Peter Director/Producer Alex Leger June 4, 2017