The Sound of Sunday to Play Requests for Two Local Care Homes
This Sunday, HRB will, for the first time ever, play requests for people outside Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital.
Even though the station can be heard online, it still only broadcasts specifically to those in the hospital buildings – and any permanent change would involve a change in the station's constitution.
However, two local care homes recently approached the station to talk about the possibility of playing requests for their residents, so this Sunday, HRB will be broadcasting to Basingfield Court Residential Care Home in Old Basing and Ashley House Residential Care Home in Bordon in a special hour-long programme.
Broadcasting to care and residential homes is something that is done by some other hospital radio stations very successfully, and their programmes are known to be appreciated by those who listen. When HRB first started broadcasting online in 2012, it was suggested that it would enable the station to widen its audience, and this four month trial could be the start of that.
Sp this weekend, we're looking forward to extending The Sound of Sunday for an hour to play requests for our new audience and if successful, it will continue long into the future.
- The BIG Broadcast 2017 – a BIG Success May 2, 2017
- Live on The BIG Broadcast 2017 this weekend April 29, 2017
- It Started with Swap Shop Wins at National Hospital Radio Awards 2017 March 26, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Nominated for Two Awards – TONIGHT March 25, 2017
- Getting Ready for The Big Broadcast March 13, 2017