Back to “normal” for 2012
It’s actually nearly a month since we did a “normal” edition of the show – normal times and features that is. Christmas took over in December and the last 2 Sundays have been our most requested chart.
2012 is going to be a big year – Euro 2012, Olympics, Paralympics, Diamond Jubilee and closer to home HRB will be celebrating 40 years since hospital radio started in Basingstoke. We’ll be reflecting all of that during the show this year (and celebrating 21 years of the show itself in March). To start off the year, it’s Memory Makers – The Olympic Years, remembering previous Olympic Games and the biggest selling songs during those times. This week, Barcelona 1992.
Pkus, at HRB, we often get reqtests for people who you just would not think about or hear on any other radio station. Take Laurel and Hardy for example. Not known for being singers, but in fact they coul;d – and they released records back in the 1940s. We’ve had a request for them in the last couple of weeks – and not for the first time! It just demonstrates the diversity of the musical taste of our audience.
All of that plus all the regular fatures, live this Sunday from 1.30pm
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- The BIG Broadcast 2017 – a BIG Success May 2, 2017
- Live on The BIG Broadcast 2017 this weekend April 29, 2017
- It Started with Swap Shop Wins at National Hospital Radio Awards 2017 March 26, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Nominated for Two Awards – TONIGHT March 25, 2017
- Getting Ready for The Big Broadcast March 13, 2017