The Sound of Sunday 4 April 2010
It’s been quite a year for HRB which exactly 12 months ago started with the official opening of our brand new studios by Simon Parkin along with Sophie and Rebecca Hyde and of course Stan the Town Crier of Alton. It was very fitting that the clip from our Station of the Year entry that was played as Alan “voice of the balls” Dedicoat read out the nominations at the National Hospital Radio Awards last weekend, was Stan doing his thing at the official opening.
When Radio Academy Chief Executive Trevor Dann read out the name of Hospital Radio Basingstoke as the Bronze award winner at the National Hospital Radio Awards, it rounded off a very satisfying year for the station. We have a strong team of volunteers, more live request shows than we had a year ago and more new members about to get their chance to join the programme rota.
So this week on The Sound of Sunday, which will be the final day of National Hospital Broadcasting Week, we’ll play our Bronze award wunning entry in full and look ahead to some of what we have in store over the coming months.
All of that plus the regular features for Sunday afternoon.
Sunday from 1.30 on HRB.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- The BIG Broadcast 2017 – a BIG Success May 2, 2017
- Live on The BIG Broadcast 2017 this weekend April 29, 2017
- It Started with Swap Shop Wins at National Hospital Radio Awards 2017 March 26, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Nominated for Two Awards – TONIGHT March 25, 2017
- Getting Ready for The Big Broadcast March 13, 2017