It hardly seems a week since 16 million people sat down to watch Andy Murray try to win Wimbledon, as well as the rain affected British Grand Prix. With both of those out of the way, the excitement ahead of the Olympics has climbed up a notch with 2 weeks to go.
That excitement came to Basingstoke during the week with thousands of people lining the route through the town as the Olympic torch came through on its way to London. Part of the route was used the last time the torch came to Basingstoke, in 1948.
HRB was there recording the event of course, and a third chance to hear this historic event will be on Sunday right after this week's show at 4pm.
The Sound of Sunday itself returns after an unscheduled break last weekend with all the regular features live from 1.30.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- When does “No Viewers” not mean “no” viewers? When the Daily Mail says it August 16, 2017
- Back for Series 27 June 28, 2017
- A Day of Magic in Alton June 10, 2017
- The BIG Broadcast 2017 – a BIG Success May 2, 2017
- Live on The BIG Broadcast 2017 this weekend April 29, 2017