Olympics – 2nd Weekend
We've been waiting for this fortnight for 7 years, and they are going alarmingly quickly! If things don't feel totally flat after the closing ceremony on 12 August, they certainly will in September when the Paralympics come to a close.
It was great to go to London last weekend and sample the atmosphere of London 2012. So many thousands of people out and about making the most of the summer sunshine and being part of the event. After a few hours of that or even watching the action on TV, I defy anyone to say they haven't got in the Olympic mood!
I'll be going to London twice in the next few days, Hyde Park for the Triathlon on Saturday (it's free to watch most of it), and to Wembley for the semi final of the football on Monday – the match which may well feature Team GB.
On the show on Sunday we will of course feature all the news from London 2012, although the BBC;s outstanding coverage is tough competition.
All the regular fun and features though live from 1.30 right after Paul le Feuvre is live from Switzerland for an hour from 12.30pm.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Daily Mail Backs Down over Blue Peter Headline September 18, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Challenges Daily Mail over Blue Peter Headline August 16, 2017
- Back for Series 27 June 28, 2017
- A Day of Magic in Alton June 10, 2017
- Remembering John Noakes with Blue Peter Director/Producer Alex Leger June 4, 2017