Out and About at Hampshire’s Big Day
The Alton Show is Hampshire’s biggest Agricultural show and happens on the first Sunday of July at the Alton Showground near Froyle.
That’s lots to see in the arena shows and side stands thousands of people come along to sample what’s on offer.
Each year, HRB is part of the event at the pedestrian entrance. We take money from visitors and give them their tickets. It’s very enjoyable despite the early start and we get to see around the show afterwards.
Last year Alan Titchmarsh was the special guest, although we didn’t manage to speak to him. We always hope that the weather stats nice. Last year is was nice and warm, but we have had wet cold days and although we’re in a tent, it can act like a wind tunnel.
So if you’re coming along this Sunday via the pedestrian entrance at the Hen and Chicken pub, we’ll see you there!
If you’re coming by car, it’s a good idea to take special note of where you park That comes from personal experience!
It also means this week’s show starts at the later time of 2pm, but we do have the return of Superman 1940s style with a double episode at 3.35 and 4.15.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- The BIG Broadcast 2017 – a BIG Success May 2, 2017
- Live on The BIG Broadcast 2017 this weekend April 29, 2017
- It Started with Swap Shop Wins at National Hospital Radio Awards 2017 March 26, 2017
- The Sound of Sunday Nominated for Two Awards – TONIGHT March 25, 2017
- Getting Ready for The Big Broadcast March 13, 2017